HELLO BAYOU CITY ROAD RUNNERS
Join us for a BCRR annual tradition Sunday, January 10th!
Instead of running the usual River Oaks Route, our Sunday run with be the last 6 miles of the marathon (from Memorial Park to the GRB) and back for a total of 12 miles! Gatorade stops at Mile 3 (near the cemetery), at the GRB turnaround (mile 6), and the cemetery again at mile 9. Since it's an out and back course, it's easy to run as little or as much of the 12 miles as you want! We meet at 6:30 am on Sunday morning at the Tennis Center as usual. It's a great way to envision crossing the line one week later. See you there!
Chevron Houston Marathon Information:
Visit our BCRR Website for all MARATHON INFORMATION
· Club will meet inside GRB at Hall A prior to the race – look for the banner.
· Andrew Young will be collecting gear to drop at the aid stations – please label your gear in a ziplock bag.
· There will be 2 aid stations: Mile 13 & Mile 20!
· Post-race party will be held at Sue & Alan’s house (326 Terrace Avenue, Houston 77007) at 11:00 AM. Chuck & Cheryl and Jim & Ivy will be assisting. Cost is $10 per member, $15 for non-members/guests.
Save the Date for the PRE-MARATHON CARB LOADING DINNER: Get your carb load on Thursday, January 14th at The Spaghetti Western at 5:30 p.m. Dinner is $15. RSVP to this email: email@example.com to reserve your spot.
Please note that space is limited!
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS:
We'd like to extend a warm Bayou City welcome to our new members Daniel Jason & Visenta Vasilescu. We look forward to seeing you at the next club run or social event.
· Katrina Zick & Susan Latimer* – Januray 6th
· Jan Smits* – January 7th
· Daniel Haworth* & Russell Henderson – January 9th
· Kelly Zhai –January 10th
Hope you have a spectacular day!!!
* = New Age Group
Happy Hour – Gingerman
(Friday, January 8th, 2016) Please join us this Friday at the Gingerman (5607 Morningside Drive). We will meet you there at 6:30 pm, for a cold beer at a great little dive!
Sunday – Whole Foods
(Sunday, January 10th , 2016) Join us immediately following the long run for coffee and breakfast at Whole Foods on Waugh.
HARRA FALL SERIES 2015:
· 10/11/15 One Main Financial 10 Miler, Univ of Houston Clear Lake – Check!
· 10/25/15 Houston Half Marathon, Sam Houston Park - Canceled
· 11/14/15 Alex’s 5 K, MacGregor Park – Check!
· 11/22/15 HMSA Classical 25K, Wortham Center Plaza – Check!
· 12/13/15 28th Annual Fort Bend KIA 30K Run, Sugar Land Town Square – Check!
· 01/17/16 Chevron Houston Marathon, George R Brown CC
WEEKLY CLUB RUNS:
Mellow Monday- Join us every Monday for a 3 mile recovery run around Memorial Park at 7:00p.m.Runners who are interested should park on the east side of the parking lot in front of the softball fields off of the Picnic Loop. The goal is to increase membership and recruit new members with this new social event. Following a loop around Memorial, we head to a dinner venue for post running fun. **Please note that in cases of inclement weather, i.e. thunder & lightning, Mellow Monday will be cancelled for safety reasons.
Wednesday at Rice University: Every Wednesday evening we meet at 6:15 at Rice University (run leaves at 6:30 pm sharp!). All levels are welcome. And the best part is the cheap beer at Valhalla afterwards. Parking is available at First Christian Church/School (1628 Rice Boulevard).
To park in the church parking lot, you need a BCRR bumper sticker. Please see Lisa Thompson for a sticker if you do not already have one.
Friday Speedwork (Memorial Park 5:30 AM): Contact Peter Griffiths for more information- firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday Long Run (Memorial Park, 6:30 AM): Meet us at the O mile marker for a 10, 11, or 12 mile route around Memorial Park and through River Oaks. Immediately following the run, join us Whole Foods for coffee and conversation.
WORD FROM THE BIRD
See the latest newsletter here!
Your BCRR Board!!!
How would you like to see your own advertisement above in this weekly email? For all personal or business advertising inquiries, please send an email to our treasurer email@example.com