HELLO BAYOU CITY ROAD RUNNERS
IT’S MARATHON WEEK!!!!!!
Chevron Houston Marathon Information:
Visit the BCRR Website for all the details of MARATHON INFORMATION
· Club will meet inside GRB at Hall A prior to the race – an email with location details will be sent on Saturday
· Andrew Young will be collecting gear to drop at the aid stations – please label your gear in a ziplock bag – Include name and aid station.
· There will be 2 aid stations along the marathon route – please email the respective host for details and volunteering.
· Mile 13: Hosted by Katie Decker - firstname.lastname@example.org
· Mile 20: Hosted by Susan Cita – email@example.com
· An additional watch and/or drop off location will be located at the corner of Bissonnett & Mandell – With host’s Chuck and Cheryl providing Mimosas and Bloody Marys for those cheering! (5314 Mandell). Feel free to drop off clothing as the race warms up. Clothing will be brought to the post-race party.
· Post-race party will be held at Sue & Alan’s house (326 Terrace Avenue, Houston 77007) at 11:00 AM. Chuck & Cheryl and Jim & Ivy will be assisting. Cost is $10 per member, $15 for non-members/guests.
Save the Date for the PRE-MARATHON CARB LOADING DINNER: Get your carb load on Thursday, January 14th at The Spaghetti Western at 5:30 p.m. Dinner is $15. RSVP to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
Please note that space is limited!
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS:
We'd like to extend a warm Bayou City welcome to our new members Stephanie Morain & Lianna Menchaca. We look forward to seeing you at the next club run or social event.
· Barry Tobias & Allyson Serrao* – January 11th
· Sue Leone & Kai Lankford – January 12th
· Holden Muirhead – January 14th
· Thomas Helm* – January 15th
· Jesse Dehoyos & Maggie Kirkpatrick – January 16th
· Ricky Kramer & Steve Davis –January 17th
Hope you have a spectacular day!!!
* = New Age Group
Happy Hour – Lawless Spirits & Kitchen
(Friday, January 15th, 2016) Please join us this Friday after picking up your packet at Lawless Spirits & Kitchen (909 Texas Ave #2A). We will meet you there at 6:30 pm, for a “revolutionary cocktail” in preparation for the big marathon weekend!
Sunday – TO RETURN AFTER THE MARATHON - Join us instead for the post-race party.
HARRA FALL SERIES 2015:
· 10/11/15 One Main Financial 10 Miler, Univ of Houston Clear Lake – Check!
· 10/25/15 Houston Half Marathon, Sam Houston Park - Canceled
· 11/14/15 Alex’s 5 K, MacGregor Park – Check!
· 11/22/15 HMSA Classical 25K, Wortham Center Plaza – Check!
· 12/13/15 28th Annual Fort Bend KIA 30K Run, Sugar Land Town Square – Check!
· 01/17/16 Chevron Houston Marathon, George R Brown CC
WEEKLY CLUB RUNS:
Mellow Monday- Join us every Monday for a 3 mile recovery run around Memorial Park at 7:00p.m.Runners who are interested should park on the east side of the parking lot in front of the softball fields off of the Picnic Loop. The goal is to increase membership and recruit new members with this new social event. Following a loop around Memorial, we head to a dinner venue for post running fun. **Please note that in cases of inclement weather, i.e. thunder & lightning, Mellow Monday will be cancelled for safety reasons.
Wednesday at Rice University: Every Wednesday evening we meet at 6:15 at Rice University (run leaves at 6:30 pm sharp!). All levels are welcome. And the best part is the cheap beer at Valhalla afterwards. Parking is available at First Christian Church/School (1628 Rice Boulevard).
To park in the church parking lot, you need a BCRR bumper sticker. Please see Lisa Thompson for a sticker if you do not already have one.
Friday Speedwork (Memorial Park 5:30 AM): Contact Peter Griffiths for more information- email@example.com
Sunday Long Run (Memorial Park, 6:30 AM): Meet us at the O mile marker for a 10, 11, or 12 mile route around Memorial Park and through River Oaks. Immediately following the run, join us Whole Foods for coffee and conversation.
WORD FROM THE BIRD
See the latest newsletter here!
Your BCRR Board!!!
How would you like to see your own advertisement above in this weekly email? For all personal or business advertising inquiries, please send an email to our treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org